Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Friends--A True Gift!


Friends


Friend /noun/ A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

I want to tell you about my friends.  Do you have true friends?  I am one of the luckiest people in the world because I have true friends that have been with me through thick and thin! 

Beauchamp, Debra, and Nina and I met in 7th grade!  We hit it off immediately.  We were in band together and several classes all through Jr. High School.  We went places together, like the movies on Friday night.  One of our dads would drop us off and pick us up.  Back then you could watch the movie multiple times with one ticket.  They didn’t clear the theatre after each showing!  Sometimes we would even walk down to Pasquales to eat and come back to the movie! 

We continued our friendship all through high school, but we added Kay in 10th grade.  (She went to another Jr. High School).  We were all in the Gadsden High Tiger Band, Deleath Rives, Band Director.  Did we ever have some good times together? Oh Yes we did.  Some of the stories I can’t even tell you!  The Band trips to New Orleans—Sugar Bowl, Houston to the Blue Bonnet Bowl, with a side trip to Galveston were so much fun!  Little did we know at the time, that we were having the times of our lives!!!!!!!

I told you I was lucky well, we have dinner together on Wednesday nights and talk to one another at least once a day and sometimes all on the phone at the same time!  Not all of us can come each time but we try to make it.  Sometimes we bring our children, grandchildren, husbands, etc.  But we always have a wonderful time! Over the years we have laughed together, cried together, prayed together and been there for one another through it all.  I love these girls!

I have another friend that I went to high school with but we didn’t hang out in high school. Jane wasn’t in the band.  Our school was so big that you didn’t know everyone.  We also went to elementary school together for 2 years but she doesn’t remember me, even though I remember her.  We worked together for several years and have remained friends.  She is my walking buddy and partner in crime some of the time!  She moved to Virginia for several years but she is back home now. 

Thank you God for Friends like these!  I am not sure how anyone survives without friends like these!!!!!

Have you ever heard the song “Friends” by Michael W. Smith?  I think it fits us perfectly!

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong


Thank you girls for your friendship, I know if I ever need anything, I can call on anyone of them!

Now meet the YaYa’s! (Which is what our kids call us)




From Top to Bottom:  Beauchamp, Debra, Nina and Kay.  Gadsden High School, Class of 1972!

Jane, Also Gadsden High School Class of 1972 but not in the Band!

 
 
Another friend is Julie, but she didn't go to GHS and I don't have a picture.  She and I have a booth at Churchill's Antiques, Downtown Gadsden.  Please Stop By and say Hello!

3 comments:

cosby2 said...

Love you too sweet friend. Like the song I remember singing in the Brownies goes....Make new friends, but keep the old.....Some are silver and the others gold. I consider you to be a golden friend. Love you !

clstaggs said...

Because of you these are all my friends too. Would love to see everyone.

jennypilgrim said...

You are welcome anytime! Just give me a call and I will tell you where we are eating!